The true story of Rocket Pig
From a rural farm in Switzerland to the Big
Apple comes the amazing story of possibly the
best sandwich you will ever experience.
Chef Ralf Kuettel has spent years perfecting
the eight steps to making an unforgettable
- Find the finest local farms, cultivate a relationship that
insures the finest pork shoulder and serve just that.
- Brine it in a generations old recipe of salt, sugar,
molasses and spices.
- Using an old world technique create a spice rub and
apply it evenly over the entire pork shoulder.
- Then smoke it for three hours using alder wood to
create a subtle but unforgettable bouquet.
- Slow roast it for three hours at 300 degrees til it
- Let it stand long enough so the rich juices are evenly
- Slice it carefully, add house-made red onion jam, a
little mustard aioli, and perhaps a touch of Kuettel’s
tangy hot sauce.
- Place on a toasted ciabatta roll, slice, and serve.
A casual one-of-a-kind eat-in and take-out signature sandwich shop featuring some of Chef Ralf Kuettel’s favorite sweet and savory treats, beers and wines by the glass, amongst other artisanal items. Located near NYC's historic High Line Park and in the heart of the Chelsea neighborhood, Rocket Pig brings together pork-loving visitors from across the globe in the name of good friends, good fun - and, most importantly, good food. After all, it's where happy pigs fly.